At Buditola, which is located in the Doti area, the Khaptad National Park walking route begins. In a similar vein, it is a secluded region of Nepal where you may see indigenous life.
You pass through little villages, lush meadows, and dense forests on the walk. You will have the opportunity to learn about the regional culture and way of life. Rhododendrons, orchids, Himalayan black bears, leopards, and musk deer are just a few of the various plants and animals that may be found in the Khaptad National Park.
The trip to Khaptad Lake, a stunning lake that the people revere, is one of the highlights of this excursion. The lake has a tranquil atmosphere and is bordered by lovely meadows and trees.
Anyone with a basic level of fitness can complete the journey because it is moderate in difficulty. The walk lasts about 7-8 days to complete. The optimum months to hike this trail are March through May and September through December.
The Khaptad National Park Hiking is a terrific way to discover the natural beauty of Nepal and experience its culture. For those seeking an adventure in the western part of Nepal, it provides a distinctive and off-the-beaten-path trekking experience.
In the far-western region of Nepal, there is a protected area called Khaptad National Park. It includes the four districts of Bajhang, Bajura, Achham, and Doti in the region. Its area is 225 sq km, and its elevation ranges from 1400 m to 3300 m.
On the recommendation of the local holy priest Khaptad Baba, the park was built in 1984. In 2006, a 216 sq km-large buffer area was established. According to legend, Khaptad Baba relocated there to practice meditation in the 1940s. He lived alone for around 50 years before becoming a revered saint. The Khaptad Baba Ashram. located near the park’s office is a prominent sacred place for Hindus.
Khaptad National Park Trekking is a popular trekking destination located in the far-western region of Nepal. This trek is named after the Khaptad National Park, which is spread over an area of 2,330 square kilometers and is known for its unique blend of culture and natural beauty.
Flora and Fauna at Khaptad National Park
Khaptad National Park is located in the far-western region of Nepal and is known for its unique flora and fauna. Here are some of the species you can find at Khaptad National Park:
- Rhododendron: Khaptad is home to over 23 species of rhododendron, including the national flower of Nepal, Rhododendron arboreum.
- Oak: There are several species of oak trees found in Khaptad, including the Quercus lanata and Quercus semecarpifolia.
- Pine: The park also has several species of pine trees, including Pinus roxburghii and Pinus wallichiana.
- Fir: Khaptad has a good population of fir trees, including Abies spectabilis and Abies pindrow.
- Himalayan black bear: Khaptad is home to the Himalayan black bear, which is a critically endangered species.
- Barking deer: The park has a good population of barking deer, also known as muntjacs.
- Wild boar: Wild boars are found in Khaptad and can be seen grazing in the meadows.
- Leopard cat: The leopard cat is a small wild cat that is found in the park.
- Musk deer: The park is also home to the Himalayan musk deer, which is an endangered species.
- Red panda: Although rare, the red panda is occasionally spotted in Khaptad National Park.
- Apart from these, the park also has a rich birdlife, including species like the impeyan pheasant, white-throated laughingthrush, and Himalayan monal.
Nepal Alternative Treks is one of the reputed company in travelling and trekkin line. We have been providing services to many tourist for about a decade now. Moreover, we are also, specialized in the National Park and Wildlife tours in Nepal. So, your, 9 days Khatad National Park tour with Nepal Alernatives is going to be very memorable. As our guides are very friendly and know how to handle tough situations.