Firstly, the trip begins in Kathmandu and heads to Pokhara on an overland drive across the Prithvi Highway. The City of Lakes sits to the south of Mt. Machhapuchhre (6993m) and houses various tourist attractions. Then, the trip begins as you drive to Deurali and begin the trek. Next, the trek continues across isolated trails and reaches Forest Camp. From this stop, the trek resumes its original course and ascends north. The next part of the trek takes you to High Camp. From, here the views of the surrounding landscapes and mountains are quite sublime.
Finally, you begin the trek to the Mardi Himal Base Camp. The base camp offers a grand panorama of the Mardi Himal, Machhapuchhre, and the mountains in the Annapurna range. Then, the return trek begins as you take a different route and head to Siding village. The village houses Gurung ethnic people and offers excellent insight into the lifestyle of the locals. For the final part of the trek, you descend to Lumre from where you drive back to Pokhara. Finally, a long drive back to Kathmandu settles the trip.
The practices of yoga and meditation have been around for centuries. Dating back to the 1500s where they appeared first in the Vedas. Then in between 3500-5000 in the carvings of the temples. Fast-forwarding to the 1970s, the Western world caught on the benefits of Hatha yoga practices, meditation, and mindfulness. Eventually, these practices became highly popularized in the western part as well. Since then, thousands of studies have been devoted to highlighting the many benefits of yoga, meditation, and mindfulness in various sectors including Trekking and Hiking.
Practicing Yoga Can Benefit Trekkers – Both Experienced and New
● Yoga helps reduce both the risk of being sore after trekking and the risk of injury during trekking.
● It helps build strength and stamina for longer trekking, more intense trails with ease.
● Yoga helps with your balance, and balance is great for trekking!
● Finding a deep connection with nature and things inbound.
● Helping to pace and preserve energy for a longer period of time through breathing techniques.
● Yoga helps you become more aware of self and lets one know to take a break so ensuring not to push one too hard.
● Yoga helps to cope better with tighter air and higher altitude training that mountains demand.
● Yoga increases the awareness of the beautiful natural environment around you.
At Nepal Alternative Treks and Expedition, we put our efforts to create and operate a robust blend of adventures of yoga & trekking to Mardi Himal. Yoga and trekking are two independent and beautiful adventures that give us wonderful experiences. Although they may seem to differ in nature, they complement the essence of each other eventually. The peace of mind, lightness of heart and strength of the physical body are the primary goal of these adventures in essence. We have a great team of well-trained International Yoga trainers, skilled guides and porters to assist travelers. Thus, we provide our finest people and services to cater to your needs. Also, we allow you to easily change the itineraries as per your liking.